Monday, January 18, 2010

Updates

So I am now currently working on Save the Dates. Liz is helping me design them - they will be magnets - and hopefully I will order the magnets this week. I am going to send the Save the Dates along with hotel and parking information because it is on a Saturday and traffic will be horrible. They look really awesome! While down at the Expo, Mom and I took a tour of the Whalehead Club this weekend. The history is pretty cool. It was owned by the Knights and they were very wealthy people. They had his and her rooms (which was very common in the 1920s) and she even had salt water and fresh water for her bathtub because she was French-Canandian and believed in the healing powers of saltwater. I thought that was pretty awesome. The Whalehead Club is now a museum of the house because it was one of the first on the Outer Banks. They also have Tiffany sconces on almost every wall! Man these people were rich! I switched from having my tent on the South lawn to the North lawn, just because I liked the location more. The tent will be set up right between the Whalehead Club and the bridge over the canal. We can even walk along the docks which will be really neat on a warm summer night! I also need to finally decide on invitations, but this is a really long and difficult process. I have almost finished updating our addresses, but that takes forever too. I am trying to find a date to schedule a bridal party in Elizabeth City - I promise I am trying everyone who keeps asking me! I just got my schedules for school last week and am trying to organize everything to pick the best possible day. Rich and I also need to register for gifts, but I have heard that is actually fun! So much to do - hopefully I will be updating everyone on a more spread out time frame than 3 in one night!

1 comment:

  1. wow...I didn't realize how much history was there. I am SO excited! Because this whole time I've been in North Carolina I've never ventured to the Outer Banks and I know this will be an amazing experience for a first time!

    ReplyDelete