Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Marathon Weekend

So this past weekend was my marathon weekend. Here was my schedule:

Friday
7:30-11:30 Work
12:00 Pick up Sarah/Drive to the Outer Banks
3:30 Meet with Florist
4:30 Meet with Caterer
5:15 Leave for Washington, N.C.
7-10 Lauren and Bryan's Creekside Seafood Fest/Wedding Shower
10 Head to Elizabeth City

Saturday
10-12 Bridal Shower 1
12:15 Premarital Counseling
2-4 Bridal Shower 2
4:15 Hair appt
5:00 Bridal Portraits in Edenton

Sunday
Drive home
3:30 Work

What a weekend!!

Even though it was crazy jam packed - I had a lot of fun! First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who helped plan and who attended my bridal showers! I really appreciated it very much and it is very nice to feel so loved. The flowers are completely done! I have all of the bouquets picked out (already knew what I wanted) and I have picked all of the flower arrangements for the ceremony and the reception, including the centerpieces. The flowers are being done by the Holiday House in Manteo and I even needed a fake bouquet for my bridal portraits and she gave us one right then before we left! It looked real and she even added some star-gazer lilies to it! Then, we went to Kellys for our tasting. Matthew even came inside for this one - go figure. Mom and I finally agreed on a menu and put in the order. The food was excellent, as always, and we even picked out all of our passed hors d'oeuvres. She even gave us dessert for the tasting. Then I drove halfway back to Raleigh (I didn't know that Little Washington is on the other side of Williamston coming from Elizabeth City) and went to Lauren and Bryan's wedding shower. It was awesome! I got to meet more of their families and it was a fish fry so the food was delicious!! I was sad I had to leave and didn't get to lay out the next day at the riverhouse. The first bridal shwoer was really nice. Mrs. Barbara's friends were super nice to my Mom, sister, and I, and they decorated the church very nicely. They gave me some awesome gifts! Our premarital conseling session was, I think, better than last time. We talked more about things that are affecing us now. Then, I changed and went to the second bridal shower at Corinth. I had a lot of fun getting to see everyone again and I think my Mom did too! I was so happy to see everyone and am very thankful for all of the gifts they gave me! They even had star gazer lilies, fushia colored tablecloths (that I got to keep - thank you Mrs. Milie), and my favorite foods - sweet potato biscuits and sausage balls (thank you for telling them Mom)! Then, I had to rush off to get my hair done for my bridal portraits with Mrs. Jill (Photography by Jill). We went to downtown Edenton, a place she frequently goes to take bridal portraits. It is normally a beautiful, historic, quiet little town, but apparently this weekend was cycling weekend and there were bicycles and camping tents everywhere! There was even a live band and tent at the pier! First, I had to change in the car/parking lot into my dress. I had to walk by all of these people in my dress and some of them were taking pictures of me at the same time Mrs. Jill was. I was even proposed to by a drunk old man. I have to say that was one experience I will not forget for a long time! My Mom and Mrs. Betsy (basically my second mother) started crying during the first few pictures. After Edenton, we rode back to Mrs. Jill's studio (my old dance studio) to take a few indoor pictures. Then, my day was finally over. I went to Mrs. Betsy's with Rich to eat dinner (at around 10) and Matthew and his old friends all came over because they were all hanging out. It is weird to see them all in high school - and to think Rich and I's "first date" (babysitting) was with Matthew and Will (Mrs. Betsy's son) when they were 10 years old!! Now they are both taller than me and driving! Overall it was an eventful, but productive weekend and Rich and I pretty much have 2 months left until we get married! It is coming up so soon and I am so excited! Can't wait for graduation too!

No comments:

Post a Comment